Realpolitik Ideology: Indonesia's Use of Military Force
Format: Print Book
Readable, accessible and yet exhaustively researched, Realpolitik Ideology examines the origins and development of ideas on security from the point of view of the TNI and explains why civil-military relations are still fraught with uncertainty, and why the recent changes in military ideology, removal of military posts in the legislature, ongoing divestment of its business, and other measures still do not guarantee that the military will not intervene in the affairs of state.
Among its many valuable contributions, this book details:
• the background to Indonesian concepts of national security
• internal operations and the weak infrastructural power of the state, with an excellent discussion on the intelligence agencies
• concepts for external defence, according to the TNI, including Indonesia's important but little-known contribution to UN peacekeeping missions
• defence and national security planning
• the most recent laws relating to national security and the role of the military in Indonesia.
Realpolitik Ideology offers suggestions about how to redefine concepts of national security to increase civil and democratic space and accountabilities and redress the historic imbalances between the civilian government and the military in Indonesia.
Refer to this link for list of supported app: Click here!Buy by Chapter (individual chapters fulfilled in digital format)
Subjects:Security (National & International)
Number of Pages: 560
Publication Date: 38840
We Also Recommend
[eBook]Gender Equality and Diversity in Indonesia: Identifying Progress and Challenges
[eBook]The Dragon’s Underbelly: Dynamics and Dilemmas in Vietnam’s Economy and Politics