In Track Faults and Other Glitches, journalist and author Nicholas Yong takes us on a journey into an alternate Singapore, where the impossible becomes real. Deep in the heart of the Zombie Civil Service, a secret meeting is held to pre-empt an impending disaster. In the heartlands, a devoted Shiba Inu — a dog breed from Japan — seeks the divine in her quest for answers. And what happens when an MRT train goes underground, and never comes back out? Haunting and dreamlike, this collection of 10 short stories transports you from the deeply familiar to the supernatural, exploring things that cannot and should not be. Contents
1. The Ministry of Zombie Advancement – In the Zombie Civil Service, a secret meeting is held to preempt an impending disaster.
2. You’ll Believe a Man Can Fly – An increasingly cynical journalist meets the Man of Steel.
3. Wake Me Up When It’s 2116 – A young boy is put into deep freeze after contracting a puzzling disease.
4. A Dream Within a Dream – A doctor and a houseman come together as a coma patient is taken off life support.
5. Haru – In the heartlands, a devoted Shiba Inu, a dog breed from Japan, seeks the divine in her quest for answers.
6. Hui Ling – A woman almost loses herself after a devastating miscarriage
7. Three Nights in Camp – A soldier recalls the tale of the strange apparition he saw in camp, that no one wants to acknowledge.
8. Track Fault – What happens when an MRT train goes undergound, but never comes back out?
9. Polling Day – The general election is over, and the ruling party has won the day again – or has it?
10. The Uncle in the Kopitiam – An enigmatic old man recounts an old fable.
Number of Pages: 200
Copyright Year: 42699
This is an ebook that is fulfilled via Access Code. The Access Code for redemption will be emailed within 2 working days after payment verification
You will need to preinstall Adobe Digital Edition or Compatible Apps to read the ebook