Presentation Skills for Quivering Wrecks
Format: eBook-ePub DRM
1. Most business audiences have a single objective: to get out of the room.
2. Most business presenters have a single objective: to sit down in the audience again.
3. Most corporate audiences can't remember, 24 hours later, what was presented, the title of the presentation or the presenter's name.
4. Like it or not, 55% of the persuasive power of a presentation is transmitted by the speaker's body language, 38% by the speaker's voice tone and only 7% by the content.
5. 75% of speaker-nerves disappear with correct rehearsal.
6. You can discover how to generate applause when you want it.
7. There is a simple model you can use which will create a terrific presentation for you every time.
8. Bullet points are not what slides are for, and using all capital letters makes long stretches of text very hard to read.
9. Reading words off slides (as most presenters do) puts your audience to sleep in about 30 seconds.
10. Good presenters are very rare. When you become a good presenter you can often negotiate better employment terms, a higher salary, and even get yourself promoted - I did... so can you!
Number of Pages: 160
Subject: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / Meetings & Presentations
Publication Date: 01-Feb-2018
Imprint: Marshall Cavendish Business